Re: OWYHEE DESERT

Walter A. Moores wrote:

>         Has anyone on the list in OR or ID seen this iris?

Walter--

We're not in OR, but we did see it in OR a couple of years ago at Keith
Keppel's.  Early one morning we caught it just opening and the standards
and fall rim were indeed very greenish.  And the center of the falls was
a very fancy brownish-red plic.  We tried in vain to get it last year,
but have already ordered it months ago as soon as Keith's catalog came
out!  Looking forward eagerly to growing it and hybridizing with it next
year!

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--where we still have
a field full of TB bloom when usually by mid-May bloom is on the way
out!