Re: CULT: when to move bearded iris?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: when to move bearded iris?
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:08:12 -0600 (MDT)

> Can I safely move each class as it finishes bloom , rather than waiting
for the
> textbook July-Aug recommendation for our area? It would help my cause!
> Can I divide clumps as usual down to  single rhizomes, or should I leave
> since I'd be moving slightly out of season?
> Help! I need your hand-holding:-)
     When I lived in Kentucky, I moved bearded Irises in bloom, and did not
lose any.  It would be best if you could give the plants ten to 14 days
rest before you move them.  If you can, the increase and bloom for next
year will be better.  Otherwise, treat them as you would at normal dividing

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.