A question from a novice

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: A question from a novice
  • From: Mark Belles <belles@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:23:53 -0600 (MDT)

Actually I've had irises in our garden for about 15 years, but know
virtually nothing about their proper care except to divide them every
once in a while.  Anyhow, my question...  After the blooms have passed
and the stalks develop the pods, should I prune them?

I would appreciate the recommendations of the list users.

Mark Belles

Visit Troop 1188 at http://www.flash.net/~belles/t1188.html

/\____/\ ||\\\\\\          \\\\\ ||  I think that I shall never see
|      | || ---------------->>>>>||  a billboard lovely as a tree
\ -  - / ||//////          ///// ||  Indeed, unless the billboards fall
 \    /                              I'll never see a tree at all
  \47/   (I used to be a fox...)             - Ogden Nash (1902-1971)