Re: OT-Bio Patricia Dietrich

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-Bio Patricia Dietrich
  • From: Ray & Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:42:49 -0600 (MDT)

patricia dietrich wrote:
> Hello all, my name is Pat Dietrich and I have been growing iris for about
> 18 years now but am new at this computer stuff and still intimidated by it.
>  I am so intimidated that another lister is writing this for me while I am
> outside picking iris!  No telling what I might say!  :)  Glenn and Linda
> had to drive 60 miles today so that Glenn could download 357 iris-l
> messages for me because I haven't done it since subscribing to the iris
> list.  :)  All kidding aside, say hello to Pat and encourage her to
> participate in the discussions.  Pat has been growing iris nearly half her
> life and knows most of them by sight.  Whenever Linda and I need something
> identified we call on Pat, if she doesn't know it then most likely no one
> else in this area will.  Also, no kidding, Pat and Linda went outside to
> pick iris while I stayed inside to writer her Bio!  Trusting, huh!
> I am a member of the Iris Society of the Ozarks along with Babara Johnson
> and Glenn and Linda Simmons, also listers.  I have somewhere in the area of
> 700 to 800 iris varieties many of them historic.
> Patricia Dietrich
> Cabool, Missouri  Zone 6
Hi Pat -- welcome to the list -- don't know if you remember Ray & me
(we're the crazy ones in your club who live in KC and drive the 150
miles one way to attend as many meetings and events as we can).  At any
rate, wanted to say welcome -- in addition to being a source of good
information and a forum for getting input on questions, it's also a lot
of fun.

We just got back from the regional in Joplin -- great weather and the
gardens were just a hair past peak, so the bloom was good. In addition
to Ray and I, the only other member from the Ozark society was Calvin
Helsley.  We plan to be in Springfield August 1 for the plant sale, so
maybe will see you then.

We've got peak bloom here in the KC area now. This upcoming weekend we
have two shows -- KC and St Joseph -- probably won't have much left in
the way of TBs to take, but should have a good selection of siberians
and species.

Judy Keisling
Zone 5, 88 degrees, overcast, and slightly windy.