Re: CULT: Bloom report and other stuff

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Bloom report and other stuff
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:23:39 -0600 (MDT)

Jan Clark wrote:
> . . .  Would you please give me an idea of the
> contents of 'Miracle Grow', so I can try and get something very similar
> here. Our brand names are usually different, even if they are produced
> by the same companies.

Jan -- Miracle Gro (Stern's Miracle-Gro Products, Inc., Port Washington,
NY 11050 USA) is basically 15% nitrogen (6.8% ammoniacal; 8.2% urea --
probably from cows), 30% phosphoric acid and 15% potash, plus 12.5%
chlorine and trace amounts of boron, copper, cheleated iron, cheleated
manganese, molybdenum and zinc.  This doesn't add up to 100% because
there's some other kind of inactive stuff mixed in apparently to keep
the good stuff from turning into a rock in the package. I'm surprised to
hear that this product hasn't made its way over there under its own
name, but I'm sure you'll find something reasonably close.