Re: A question from a novice

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: A question from a novice
  • From: Lorraine Miller <lcmiller@televar.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:31:21 -0600 (MDT)

   I'm glad to know that someone else snaps off their faded bloom stalks
at the base.  I've done this for years, and it has not affected the Iris
in any way.  Wondered if I was alone in doing this.  It is easier and
quicker than cutting, and also cleans out the clump nicely.  No stubs!
If they don't snap off readily by bending then down, I lightly press my
foot to the base of the stalk.  Works every time.

Lorraine Miller in Quincy, WA