Iris With Accordion Like Leaves

Hello, everyone.

I work with K-State Research & Extension and have had a question for which
I have not been able to locate an answer.  A homeowner has had iris that
had individual leaves that were crinkled and accordion-like.  Anyone know
what this is?  I assume this is physiological rather than due to insect or
disease but I'm not sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ward Upham, Extension Associate
Department of Horticulture, Forestry and Recreation Resources
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS  66506

Phone: 785-532-1438
E-mail: wupham@oz.oznet.ksu.edu