RE: Iris With Accordion Like Leaves

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: Iris With Accordion Like Leaves
  • From: Teresa Cobb <teresa@rdgroup.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:58:01 -0600 (MDT)

I don't have an answer, however I too have had this occur.  Since this
is my first year, I thought it was due to the fact I hadn't watered on
a regular basis.  (the weatherman kept promising rain that never
happened.)  I have since been watering and just ignoring the
weatherman.  Now I look out the window to see if it's raining or not!
 Or is this merely a Kansas thing???
Teresa  zone 5  south of KC  KS

Partial of what Ward Upham wrote<
I work with K-State Research & Extension and have had a question for
which
I have not been able to locate an answer.  A homeowner has had iris
that
had individual leaves that were crinkled and accordion-like.  Anyone
know
what this is?  I assume this is physiological rather than due to
insect or
disease but I'm not sure.  Any help would be appreciated.