Re: OT : Re: Is this a rescue?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT : Re: Is this a rescue?
  • From: "John I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:57:25 -0600 (MDT)

Duane Buell wrote:

> A light and airy iris list or a dark and stuffy moderated technical forum?
> Personally, I appreciated the humor break.
>
> I vote for letting the administrator administrate. I'm sure he will let us
> know when he needs help.

Hmmmm, I see. If I express an opinion in a courteous way on one side of an
issue, I am a Cyber-Cop. However when you express an opinion in the opposite
side and accuse me of trying to control the list, that makes you not a Cyber
Cop????

I don't think I ever said anything trying to make the list a technical forum.
In fact in a quick review of the list messages since May 1, I think I saw all
of 5 messages out of 500 or so that could be called technical. Messages
regarding culture 10-15 %, the rest are comprised of bloom reports, AIS,
judging, shows, Bios, catalogs, seeds and the OT. We are and always have been,
for the 2 1/2 years I have been on the list, a long way from a technical forum.

Its not my list, never claimed it was. Just expressing an opinion.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones