Springpatch Mall & Industrial Park

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Springpatch Mall & Industrial Park
  • From: The Hiltibidals <dutchman@fgi.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 19:44:41 -0600 (MDT)

With Tom's gracious permission, I'm mailing this to all Iris-List
members.  I will include a link for those of you who have web-sites.

>Last year, my son opened his own ISP and was owner/operator - another
local ISP bought him out just as I was launching www.springpatch.com, a
shopping Mall.   He became their programmer and its one of those 10 day a
week jobs.  There was also the matter of my Springpatch competing for
businesses with his employer -

>Springpatch has set there doing nothing since.  The domain expires in
January, 1999.  I have until then to see if we can generate some interest.
Therefore  I am offering free site and on-line catalog to all who run
cottage industry type nurseries. People will order on-line, their  e-mail
order blank totaled with tax and shipping will go direct to your e-mail
address.  They will send their check or moneyorder direct to you.  You may
wish to wait for it to clear before you ship.    If you run out of
something, you may know someone else who has it, or can tap back that
you're sold out.

>I think its going to be something really simple - pictures scanned in with
name/price text over-laid, they click on it and it automatically fills in
the order blank and a flat $5 for shipping. Customers will be supplying
their their e-mail address and snail address to 'shop'.

>Your page will be your page.  I truly hope you can  find advertisers for
your site.  I am estimating $100 per month to be listed on your page with a
link to a larger ad or their current web site if they have one. Springpatch
would get 15%, you would get 85%

>Remember, its free until January, 1999. My goal is 100 small merchants,
each with three $100/month advertisers - Each small merchant would have
$250/month, and Springpatch would have enough for its own T-1 phone line
and  banners  on the GardenWeb, where thousands of  garden folks tap in
each day. We have the software for on-line credit card shopping.  If it
builds, eventually you will get a transfer from my bank to yours for price
and shipping and will not have to worry about whether someone's check will
clear.

If I reach that goal, it will continue to be free.

>Need to you pass the word - no spamming, no porn.  I pay the freight and I
decide.   I am really targeting the small cottage industry type person who
specializes - and hope if you locate in springpatch, you will ask folks to
look for you in Springpatch and put it on your letterhead, envelopes,
invoices, and e-mail.

>I need good bright close-up pictures of whatever you wish to sell.  On the
back write the hybridizer and the price. Include a list of what you have
even if you don't have a picture, but it is the pictures that will do them
the most justice.  Perhaps somone else will have supplied a picture you can
use with their permission.    If your catalog has a logo, or a picture on
it, it would be nice to have it on your page.