Re: Median bloom - NEW IDEA

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Median bloom - NEW IDEA
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:01:20 -0600 (MDT)

Maureen Mark writes:

> I'm always willing to encourage others to extend their lists -- mine is
> always too long.  Sandy's refrain to me is always:  WE DON'T HAVE SPACE.
> But tell me about NEW IDEA.  I'm always on the lookout for MTBs.

Maureen,

NEW IDEA (Hager, 70) 26" EM  Rosy mulberry self, yellow beard

This was one of the first, if not the very first, tetraploid MTBs (hence
the name). It always stays in class here, is among the first MTB's to bloom
and has plenty of stalks and buds per stalk. The downside is that the color
is not too exciting- a rather standard red-violet.

cwalters@digitalpla.net