OT: on off topic specifics...

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: on off topic specifics...
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:45:57 -0600 (MDT)

It was previously written:

> >  I feel that it is the OT topics, jokes etc., that keeps the list
> alive and
> > dynamic.

Chris writes:

An important distinction must be made here.

OT jokes and topics are quite different than purely personal messages
between two individuals being exchanged over the Iris List... think
before you send... is this message relevant to most/all of the Iris List?
If not then it likely should go as a private e-mail directly to whom it
is intended. Easy to do, just change the e-mail address to that of whom
you wish to correspond. Much more effective and helps the Iris List
function as intended (an informal unmoderated discussion about irises).
Questions are always particularly welcome as we can all learn by the
answers and the ensuing discussions.

This is a friendly place on the Internet and we do want to keep it alive
and dynamic but with a focus. That is why John Jones, myself and a few
others occasionally interject like this.

Happy digging in your iris garden!
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI