Re: Cult: Seedlings

>Does anyone grow individual iris seedlings in pots? From seed till
bloom? >Steven & Sharlyn Rocha

I did this with my PCN's, as I was afraid to plant them into the local
soil. I actually started them in little 'Jiffy Pellets' then planted
them on into pots, and will leave them there. A few that I did put in
the soil are doing very well, but most of the seeds planted direct did
not come up.
I thought about doing this with TB's but would probably only do it with
a particularly special cross that I wanted to be extra protective of. It
depends a lot on how many seeds you are planning on raising. If your
short on room it might be a good solution, you could fill the patio,
driveway, lawn, roof, etc. with seedling irises in pots!
Jan Clark, in Australia, a large island just to the south of Indonesia.