Re: CULT: good news / bad news

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: good news / bad news
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 05:09:01 -0600 (MDT)

<< >Dennis Kramb wrote:

 >> Less than 20% of my irises have blooms/stalks on them.  Is there any
chance
 >> of stalks developing still this spring??  Or am I "doomed" to having a
weak
 >> bloom season this year?
 >>
 >Much to my horror, I seem to be having the same problem, unless it's

 What are the rest of experiencing?  I'm particularly interested in hearing
 from people with climates like Cincinnati's.  Most of my rzs were planted
 last summer, but some were older than that and the 15%-20% held true across
 the board.

Here in Wisconsin zone 5 I'm experiencing about 45% bloom on iris I planted
last year and 100% bloom from all established iris (even iris that had not
bloomed for me for years gave me a show this year)  Sorry to hear your
percentage was a bit low, next year after they are better established you
should see that go up quite a bit.

Linda Doffek      West Bend, Wisconsin
JEM300@aol.com