Re: CULT: Bloom report

>Sharon's WAR DRUMS opened today, and all I can say is, Wowzers!  This is a
>deep red nearly self AB with an essentially black beard.  Quite something!
>The falls are so glossy they almost look glazed.

Well, that's how WAR DRUMS looked when it opened, but I'm finding that, like
many of Sharon's kids, it faded fast.  Actually, it may be that those with
the really intense color just can't hold it for as long as a day.  Or maybe
it's just the weather.  But that one now has deep rose falls and lighter
standards, veined deeper.  Others that fade markedly include WHIRLING
THUNDER, THINGS TO COME, and RHINESTONE COWGIRL, which opened with falls
overlaid red and a pretty gold beard and is now a smooth soft pink.  Not
bad, but what a change!

Barb in Santa Fe, where this year nearly all the ABs are blooming, and I've
discovered that I have dozens.  I always think of myself as having just a