Today's iris that I want to gush over is AURORA'S BLUSH (Willott '93).  This
is an IB (?) that is pink with a lilac overlay, pastel pink stylearms and an
orange beard.  The form is flaring.... the clump is a frothy delight.  I was
impressed with this iris for the past two years at convention.... and it looks
just as perfect at the Guest Estates.

I also have the first blooms appearing on SHAKER'S PRAYER.... Carol Warner's
excellent siberian iris.  This is a TALL plant with a taller flower - shades
of violet with a heavily veined fall.  Our local Botanical Gardens asked for
our recommendation on a siberian iris to plant that will command attention,
and this is the one we suggested (which reminds me, we have to find 10 plants
at a very good price. - any ideas anyone??).

Another siberian in bloom is COOL SPRING - and oldie but goodies in shades of
icy blue.

I would like to mention how wonderful columbine looks with irises, by the way
- especially with siberian irises.  I have a species mix that I've planted
around the yard and they bloom in shades from almost black to palest pink.
These are NOT the fancy hybrid types, but a more graceful flower that hangs
down with the spurs pointing skyward.  I also have some double whites
(SUNBURST??) that I grew from seed and which are a definite TDF plant ("to die

A stalk of AURORA'S BLUSH will accompany me to work today where I will do iris
inservice all day long, whether they want it or not (I work in a

Kathy Guest
East Aurora, New York