NW Arkansas Bloom Report

In the Ozarks, we are at the southern edge of zone 5 (?)--and if anyone's
interested, here's where my bloom is today.

TB--finishing up, SONG OF NORWAY with only a few remaining blooms

LA--LAURA LOUISE is doing fantastic, looks like this mild winter was great
for these "Southerners."

SIB--finishing up.  This heat is really tough on the blooms--last only one
day.  MESA PEARL (what a great iris this will be for me), is fading fast.

The "stars" of this area, with its strange, acid/clay soils and weather are
going to be:

SPU--I bought several rhizomes from several growers last fall--and
incredibly, almost all have bloom stalks and are beginning their season.
CINNAMON STICK is doing well.  I have several clumps of MISSOURI GAL nearing
their peak.

JI--I didn't believe the descriptions of JI being rapid increasers last
year, but this year, with timely fertilizing (following frequent advice) and
moisture, they are impressive.  I have a clump of this old variety,  GALATEA
MARX, planted in September  '96, with 16 bloom stalks, about 4' in height.

Thank you, Ensata folks!

Bob of the Ozarks,--a happy man.