Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction
  • From: "John I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:17:34 -0600 (MDT)

I was wondering...

I have a walkway with narrow (12"-15" wide) beds along one side of my house.
They are protected on one side by a 5' solid fence and the other side by the
house. Gets very little (maybe 1 1/2 hours) direct sun during the summer. Even
less in the winter.

Do you think SIBs would grow there (given good soil etc). I would be somewhat
concerned about lime leaching from the house foundation and the fence post
concrete but that has been in place for 30 years and 5 years respectively, so
I think I could counter it with amendments.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones