Bloom report and seedlings in Oz

Greetings all,
                having been enviously reading the many bloom reports from
the northern hemisphere (and even the occasional one from Australia) for
some time....I was surprised and delighted last weekend to find bloomstalks
on 3 of the rebloomers in my garden.  The rhizomes were planted at about
Christmas time, so I had been resigned to the idea that I wouldn't see
bearded bloom before October at the earliest (our spring).  Those with
stalks are:  Feedback, Harvest of Memories, and Baby Blessed (which will be
the first SDB I've seen in bloom).

        To add to my excitement, this week the first 10 seedlings have
germinated out of the 3100+ seeds from TB crosses that I planted out in late
April.  I didn't give the seeds any period of cold stratification, but I
soaked them in water for 9-16 days before planting them out.  (I think 16
days is a little too long - I had originally planned to have them in water
for 7-10 days, loosely based on a suggestion made by Barry Blyth.)

Ann Pearce
Adelaide, South Australia
apearce@academy.net.au