Re: Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:26:23 -0600 (MDT)

<< Do you think SIBs would grow there (given good soil etc). I would be
 concerned about lime leaching from the house foundation and the fence post
 concrete but that has been in place for 30 years and 5 years respectively, so
 I think I could counter it with amendments. >>
Hi John,

I have about 35 Siberians which are planted in different areas of my yard.
The only ones that truly bloom well are the ones that receive over 6 hours of
sun a day.  I do have some planted close to my foundation and I counter the
lime by watering the Sibs and evergreens with Miracid per package
instructions.  They do fine.  But the sun thing........I'd look for something
more shade tolerant for along the walkway.  Of course you could always tear
down the fence  :)

Linda Doffek       West Bend, Wisconsin        Zone 5
(the TBs are finally beginning to bloom)