Re: Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Deeper and Deeper into Iris addiction
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:35:38 -0600 (MDT)

John,

> << Do you think SIBs would grow there (given good soil etc). I would be
> somewhat
>  concerned about lime leaching from the house foundation and the fence
post
>  concrete but that has been in place for 30 years and 5 years
respectively, so
>  I think I could counter it with amendments. >>

     Having had Siberians in Kentucky, I think the place you mentioned is
too shady for them.  Have you thought about Trimezia?  It has "Irisy"
blooms.  Here, I have seen it growing in places as shady as you mentioned.
I don't know if it would be hardy in your area, but it may be worth
thinking about.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.