Re: Bloom report and seedlings in Oz

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom report and seedlings in Oz
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:23:00 -0600 (MDT)

Anne Pearce wrote:
>I was surprised and delighted last weekend to find bloomstalks
>on 3 of the rebloomers in my garden.  The rhizomes were planted at
about Christmas time, so I had been resigned to the idea that I wouldn't
see bearded bloom before October at the earliest (our spring).
My 'Witching' was planted in Dec. too. It is taking forever to open in
the cold weather. I don't think it is a regular rebloomer.
>To add to my excitement, this week the first 10 seedlings have
>germinated out of the 3100+ seeds from TB crosses that I planted out
>in late April.
Congratulatios! I still can't get over the fact that my seeds
germinated.
If you are interested in exchanging rz's send me your postal address
Anne, and I will send you a list of what I have.
Cheers, Jan Clark