CULT: strong winds

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: strong winds
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:04:10 -0600 (MDT)

Well, after a week of mid-summer weather in early spring, the
temperatures have returned to normal and we are now being battered by
strong winds.  It turns out that the shorter bloom stalks are a good
thing.  After three days of strong gusts, only DESERT ECHO (yellow
plicata) and OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE (pink magenta bitone) were affected.
SUNRAY REFLECTION was already leaning and was staked before the winds
hit.  The tallest iris in bloom and still standing tall are SUPREME
SULTAN, SUPERSTITION, GYRO, DAKOTA MOON, GENTLE FELLOW, SAPPHIRE HILLS,
PEACH PICOTEE, PATINA AUTUMN CIRCUS, CAN CAN RED, JUBILEE TRAIL,
CLARENCE, GNU BLUES and TIGER HONEY.

Thunderstorm warnings have been posted for the past few days and the
show is next week.  We are crossing our fingers.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)