SHOW: Utah Iris Society Show

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SHOW: Utah Iris Society Show
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:15:02 -0600 (MDT)

The Utah Iris Society main season show will be held tomorrow, Saturday, May
23 at the Garden Center in Sugarhouse Park, Salt Lake City, UT. Judging is
scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. and the show opens to the public at 1 p.m.
and will also be open on Sunday.

As seems only too typical, we have had a spell of rough weather leading up
to the show. Funnel clouds were caught on videotape yesterday, and there
was some minor wind damage to buildings in the Ogden area. There was a bit
of hail about, too, though none fell on my garden. This show is a bit too
early for me - the very first TB and AB only opened in my garden yesterday
- I may take a few median stalks if anything looks fit to show. Our local
iris show will be held next weekend.