Re: CULT: Fading Process in Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Fading Process in Irises
  • From: John Montgomery <monashee@junction.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:45:22 -0600 (MDT)

Robert E. Stassen wrote:

> Ditto Bill Shear's comment on BUTTER AND SUGAR fading to white.  I have it
> planted next to ANNIVERSARY and my wife remarked "why have you planted a
> white next to a white (you idiot)?"  I have to agree--only the one who
> planted them knows the difference.

I am wondering if these plants are the actual Butter & Sugar. We have had this
one for several years and the falls truly are butter yellow and they remain
pretty good through the life of the blossom. Our sun is probably less intense
than yours but maybe not by a whole lot. Our temperatures are in the 80's
these days and many other flowers fade much worse than Butter & Sugar.

John Montgomery
Vernon  BC  Zone 5