Bloom report

Just a note to all, since I"m in the middle of frantically typing my iris
list for Sunday's garden open house (sorry, my list is only for local
consumption--I don't grow enough of any variety to put it out for wider
perusal).  Tall bearded season is well under way, having begun a few days
back with good old BARLETTA, and MYSTERIOUS BALANCE, and GEE BETTY G, one of
Larry Anaya's creations and named for one of the then members of the Santa
Fe Iris Society, Betty Gonzales.  Another of his is the AB, PEGGY JOHNSON.
It has white standards, bright yellow falls, and a small triangular purple
signal under the purple-brown beard.
There's so much blooming now that I'm not going to list them all--no time,
and it would be boring, anyway.  But I'll say that dearly beloved old OYEZ
is blooming as it does every year, and like every other year, I've already
attempted crossing it.  This is traditional for me, though I know that the
year it makes a pod will be the year I win the Publisher's Clearing House
Giveaway.  But one can dream.

Barb in Santa Fe the Windy
Zone 5 or so, AIS Region 23