SIB: for warmer climates

	Mark Cook wrote:

>>	the '98 plant list from the Hollingworths in
>> 	Michigan and they mentioned that their BAND OF ANGELS did well in
>> 	the hotter regions of the United States....

>I would like to hear more about this.  If Siberians will not grow
>here, they will not grow anywhere in Florida.

	Made a mistake about the name of the Siberian altho' the train
	was on the right track....it was OVER IN GLORYLAND not BAND OF
	ANGELS. :) From the Hollingworth's blurb about Over in G.:

	"Its floriferous displays caught a lot of people's attention at
	the Virginia and Georgia AIS Conventions in 1991 and 1992, and it
	seens that it may be a good iris for the south." It goes on to
	say, "I think it does even better up north where it grows taller and
	shows some branching. Runner-up for the Walthar Cup (most votes
	for an iris in all classes) in 1996."

	Mark, this iris shares ancestry with CORONATION ANTHEM - notably
	JEWELLED CROWN'S lines (JEWELLED CROWN is C.A.'s pod parent). Give
	it a try....$8 from the Hollingworth's Windwood Gardens. They are
	online at:

	R. & J. Hollingworth <72302.1143@compuserve.com>

	(OVER IN GLORYLAND is a Tet.-  "very dark velvety blue-purple with a
	notable light gold blaze...." from the plant list.)

	Ellen

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3