Re: SIB: for warmer climates

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SIB: for warmer climates
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:56:42 -0600 (MDT)

Ellen Gallagher wrote:
>         Mark Cook wrote:
> >>      the '98 plant list from the Hollingworths in
> >>      Michigan and they mentioned that their BAND OF ANGELS did well in
> >>      the hotter regions of the United States....
> >I would like to hear more about this.  If Siberians will not grow
> >here, they will not grow anywhere in Florida.
>         Made a mistake about the name of the Siberian altho' the train
>         was on the right track....it was OVER IN GLORYLAND not BAND OF
>         ANGELS. :) From the Hollingworth's blurb about Over in G.:

OVER IN GLORYLAND does well here in my Zone 8, hot summers, sometimes
100+.  JEWELLED CROWN also.  However the nights rarely get higher than
the 60's.  I am discarding DANCE BALLERINA DANCE as it rarely increases
and has a tendency to bloomout.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...where our extra cool spring is extending the bloom
on the tall bearded and I'm sure I will have bloom into June.  It will
be first.
Zone 8