TBs: Hardy and Not

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TBs: Hardy and Not
  • From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 09:34:07 -0600 (MDT)

Yo-yo weather seems to be the rule this season... Summer for a month =
with highs into the 80s and no rain followed by cold down to the 30s (up =
only into the 40s and 50s) and heavy rainstorms for the last week or so. =
Perfect for deciding what makes the A list here and what doesn't.

Although most fall somewhere in the middle, the standout named =
performers showing little to no leaf spot, good increase and who are =
budded up for a show are:

BLENHEIM ROYAL
ON EDGE
STERLING MISTRESS
NEEDLEPOINT
ALTRUIST
STEPPING OUT
 PACE CAR
CODICILL=20
CELEBRATION SONG=20
VANITY
RINGO
LATIN HIDEAWAY=20
NEPTUNE'S CLOAK
SNOW MOUND=20
CYCLES
WINDWALKER
ROYALIST
and one that I believe is RIVER HAWK

The ones losing out to our weather (Bear in mind that I've already =
killed off the weakest ones) are:

PERFECT COUPLE=20
IN TOWN
VENETIAN QUEEN
OSAKA
CREAM TAFFY=20
RARE WINE
CHARTREUSE RUFFLES

and I'm now convinced that QUEEN OF HEARTS is meant to be grown only as =
a houseplant. Fans only 4 inches tall, with mushy brown tips and leaf =
spot. If it didn't have such beautiful lace......

Christy Hensler=20
Newport, WA z4b=20