Re: TBs: Hardy and Not

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TBs: Hardy and Not
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 12:23:48 -0600 (MDT)

> and I'm now convinced that QUEEN OF HEARTS is meant to be grown only as =
> a houseplant. Fans only 4 inches tall, with mushy brown tips and leaf =
> spot. If it didn't have such beautiful lace......
> Christy Hensler=20
> Newport, WA z4b=20
	And you are not far from its birthplace!  The only decent stalks I
ever saw on QOH were in Rena Crumpler's garden in Roanoke, VA, at the 1974
AIS convention.  It must have caught the attention of enough judges there
for it to go on and win an AM and be a runner-up to the Dykes' Medal.  It
grew as an IB in my garden in TX and then would vanish.  I may have
replaced it two or three times but could never grow it like Rena Crumpler
did.  I haven't tried anymore because it was just a lost cause.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8