SHOW: Wisconsin Iris Society Median Show (long)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SHOW: Wisconsin Iris Society Median Show (long)
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 20:10:25 -0600 (MDT)

Hi All,

Just returned from our Median Show.  Needless to say with the accelerated
season
we've all experienced this was not strictly a "median show".  We had a great
show with an estimated 350 entries.  We had about 30-35 MDBS and SDBs along
with lots of IBs, MTBs, BBs, SIBs, and loads of TBs.  We have now cancelled
our June 13-14th Late Show as there will not be anything much left to show.
We did, however, combine both shows so that we could award all the sections.
The winners are as follows:

Queen of Show:  Zula (MTB)-shown by Dorothy Vande
Runner-Up to Queen:  Fuschia Frills (TB)-shown by Francis Rogers
Best Border Bearded:  Batik-shown by Francis Rogers
Best Intermediate:  Can't Elope-shown by Dorothy Vande
Best Siberian:  Showdown-shown by Linda Doffek  (ME!)   :)
Best Standard Dwarf:  Lowlife-shown by Dorothy Vande
Best Historic:  Wabash-shown by Denise Jordan
Best Seedling:  C-5-A  hybridized by Francis Rogers
Best Yellow:  Sunday Sunshine (TB)-shown by Dorothy Vande
Best White:  Ermine Robe (TB)-shown by Cheryl Miller
Best Red:  Prestige Item (TB)-shown by Linda Doffek  (ME!)  :)
Best Orange:  Urgent (TB)-shown by Dorothy Vande
Best Blue:  Scandia Delight (TB)-shown by Todd Polzin
Best Pink:  Sweet Jess (TB)-shown by Francis Rogers
Best Plicata:  Meadowbrook Serenade (TB)-shown by Francis Rogers
Best Bi-Color:  Lullaby of Spring (TB)-shown by Sande Lemmer  (my mom)  :)
Best Blend:  Chippewa Brave (TB)-shown by Francis Rogers
Best Collection:  Honey Crunch (IB) shown by Dorothy Vande

As you can see with all these section awards from the combined shows judging
and clerking was a real nightmare.....

Some other great looking iris at show........IBs Dusty Rhodes, Raspberry
Blush, Megglethorp, Crafty Lady.  BBs Frosty Apricot, Friday Blues, Miss
Nellie, Shenanigans.  SIBs Windwood Spring, Indy, Lavender Bounty.  TBs (so
many great ones it's hard to find a few to mention)  Spice Market, Silverado,
Feminine Charm, Chickasaw Sue, Becky's Bonnet, Sheer Bliss, and Patterns (a
fabulous must-have violet plicata with a huge flower).

Okay, enough already, my notebook is scribbled with dozens of fabulous iris
I'd like to obtain after seeing them in the show.  Thanks to all who wished me
luck today.
I know being an iris-l subscriber I was supposed to win Queen..........   :)

Linda Doffek         West Bend, WI