Capital-Hudson Iris Show Results

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Capital-Hudson Iris Show Results
  • From: Dorothy Fingerhood <daf10@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 20:21:10 -0600 (MDT)

BRIEF results--these 3 and a half hour (one way) jaunts are getting to be a
bit much in one day...

The Capital-Hudson Area of the Empire State Iris Society held a show today
in Albany, NY, which I was privileged to help judge.  It was supposed to be
largely a median show, but there were no SDBs; mostly other medians and
Siberians, with quite a few historics and a handful of TBs.  The  screwball
weather we have had affected the quality of the specimens as well as the
assortment of types available!  It's just been a tough year.

Best Specimen was I. pseudacorus, exhibited by Linda Montanero.  !st
Runner-Up was the historic Loreley, shown by Bob Keup.  2nd Runner-Up went
to Carolyn Rose (MTB), also shown by Bob Keup.  And Carolyn Rose also took
the local Magdalen Award for Best Median.  A very nice effort by everyone
involved!  Hearty congratulations on all your good work, Cap-Hudson folks!

Yawn--off to the sack--a 6-hr. (horse) ride scheduled for tomorrow!  Summer
is just TOO short around here.

Dorothy Fingerhood
daf10@cornell.edu
Newfield, NY