Photos of Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Photos of Iris
  • From: Patricia Wenham <prw@televar.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 09:27:39 -0600 (MDT)

I have had Seattle Filmworks develop some film for me and send photos to
me on the internet so I can see them before I get the prints.  My iris
are particularly lush this year so if anyone would like to see photos of
some of them you may see them by doing the following:

Go to:  <http://www.filmworks.com>
enter customer number   34162608
enter film order number   23416305
then follow directions to download to your hard drive.  If you use
Netscape as a browser be sure that the extension to the file is .pwp and
not .exe or you will be unable to open it.
you may download Photo Works to view the photos or use whatever program
you have to view them.

If you need help go to
<http://www.filmworks.com/support/techsupport.htm>

My iris have had very weak stems this year so the strong winds we have
been experiencing have broken many of the stems.  Mosquitos are so
numerous and hungry we are unable to work in the yard in early mornings
or evenings.  It is almost impossible to go outside to look at the
flowers during those times as well.  We have all sorts of birds which
eat insects in our yard but they are unable to keep the populations
down.

Colors have been fantastic this year.

My sibs are blooming for the first time ever!  I suspect it is because
we had quite a bit of moisture this spring.

Could someone suggest some good brown iris that I could plant?  I have
no browns at all anymore.

Patti
North Central WA state.  USDA zone 5