OT: re Inspection Certificates (from early May)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: re Inspection Certificates (from early May)
  • From: Sandy <rives@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 09:48:19 -0600 (MDT)

(Special thanks to Tom for getting my subscription sorted out.  The help
I received from my end was far more limited.  This is the only one of
about 8 returned messages I sent this month which still has relevance.)

Maureen said...
snip>
Last year, I sent a parcel to Rusty.  As it was only a few plants, I had

to schedule an appointment with the inspector and bring them to the
office to get the certificate.
<snip

Actually, Maureen arranged to send the parcel to Rusty.  I was the
arranged.  It was an amusing experience.  The inspector stayed through
his lunch in order to ensure I got the certificate.  He looked over the
iris very carefully, said they were remarkably clean (Rusty agreed,
right Rusty?), and wrote up the certificate immediately.

Then he tried to print the thing.  After fifteen minutes, he gave up and

went to another machine...then another...  The system had received an
upgrade while he was on the road and he did not have the format set
properly.

I was expecting the process to take two hours.  I expected 115 minutes
of inspection and 5 minutes of printing, not the reverse.  I'm sure the
inspector expected 5 minutes/5 minutes, and he was a perfect gentleman
throughout the entire hilarious (in afterthought) episode.

Sandy Ives