CULT: Genetic drift

Linda M. wrote
>Back when tissue culture was first coming into vogue, I read some
papers or heard some talks about 'genetic drift' from one generation to
the next in tissue cultured clonal plant material.......

Linda, You say 'from one generation to the next'. This infers that the
next and subsequent generations are the ones at fault, not clones of the
same plant. That is, the progeny of the cloned plants. Your TB's are
clones of the same plant first grown from seed several years, or decades
ago, so it isn't the same.

I think the same problem has occurred with some plants that have
received gene transplants, and then been bred to produce subsequent
generations.
Jan Clark, Australia