Re: Subject lines

>and delete most, pulling up only those I think I should read. (When in
>doubt, I assume you have something worth while and of general interest to
>say, and I read the post.)
>
>But the others all dealt with another show or a totally different subject.
>Again, I guess they all were legitimate messages to post to the list,

>It would be a kindness to other subscribers to the list if all who post
>messages as a response to or because of a previous posting would ensure
that
>the subject line of the new message reflects the content of the new
message.
>Please don't just hit the response button and automatically accept the old
>subject line as the title of your message if the subject has changed and
the
>old title is no longer appropriate.  And, of course, it would be an even
>greater kindness if --

Amen,Amen Amen.

 Please folks! Not all of us have the spare time that some on the list seem
to have. Most of us are, I suspect, mainly on this great list to gain
knowledge
about IRIS.  Much of the clutter is driving valuable members off the list.
      Please help  strengthen this list by trying to keep the subjects more
in line with the subject of IRIS. I have learned a great deal from most of
you, but am sure I've missed some valuable posts since I have to delete so
much without reading
each post . Proper subject lines would be a great help to all of us and
perhaps help retain some valuable members.when the new message is of
interest only to one or few.

>two members of the list -- it were sent by direct e-mail instead of to the
>whole list.

  Same as above. Please consider more use of direct e-mail, ie
birthdays,pets, greetings, congratulations,welcome aboard etc. The message
will be just as appreciated by the intended recipient if sent off list and
be equally appreciated by the many on the list who are not interested in the
subject.

Now I'll duck off the list and wait for the many offended  l-list members'
this non-iris subject.

    Be kind and enjoy your blooms

                         Bob  Keup