  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: PBF on TITAN'S GLORY? (was: id BREAKERS)
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:04:26 -0600 (MDT)

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> Jeff Walters wrote:
> > and Titan's Glory does have pbf.
> and Bill Shear replied:
> > Not here, it doesn't.
> >
> Bill,
> The pbf on TITAN'S GLORY disappears when the weather warms up. We have had
> a cool spring, and the purple color is still visible, though it is not
> intense.

Bill and Jeff -- I just went out in the garden and took a look at
TITAN'S GLORY. The PBF is faint, but definitely there.

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where bloom
season is over and only a few stragglers remain (the late, late show). I
have a total of ONE fully formed seed pod from a planned cross, and not
more than half a dozen possibles on the way. This, versus more than 70
last year, thanks to El Nino. In addition to almost constant rainfall
during the height of bloom, many of the varieties I had planned to cross
did not bloom this year. "Man proposes, God disposes."