Re: Genetic drift

>> You say 'from one generation to the next'. This infers that the
>> next and subsequent generations are the ones at fault, not clones
>>of the same plant. That is, the progeny of the cloned plants. Your
>>TB's are clones of the same plant first grown from seed several
>>years, or decades ago, so it isn't the same.
>Well, actually, it was kind of a goofy idea.
No, I don't think your idea was silly Linda. If we can have sports that
are obviously different in colour or pattern like those of Mike Suttons,
then there must surely be just as many sports that are not obviously
different. They might differ in disease resistance, or petal size, etc,
but not be immediately seen to be different. I think you have raised an
interesting issue.
Jan Clark, in wintery, frosty, Australia.