Re: Subject lines

Dorothy Fingerhood wrote:

<< Sure, we need to watch subject lines, and  limit "off-topic" posts.  BUT,
part of what makes this list "great" is that  it HAS a personal touch.  In my
mind, messages of welcome aboard and  congratulations (on show wins, for
example) are perfectly appropriate when  brief--and most are!   >>

I'd like to speak in support of Dorothy's sentiments in this matter.

I, too, wish we would all be more careful about observing those simple
conventions and courtesies that have kept this large list moving efficiently
for so long. And I really hope we will always be generous with praise and
forthcoming in sincerely welcoming all our new people, many of whom are also
new to irises, or to the Internet, and so may be shy about speaking into the
apparent void.

And I would note that the tone, the style, and the pace of the list are
ultimately established by those who make the effort to contribute regularly
and keep it rolling along. And that is as it should be.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA  Zone 7
Henry Hall  Henryanner@aol.com