OT-OT:Subject lines

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT-OT:Subject lines
  • From: art <art@gv.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 23:28:52 -0600 (MDT)

I have been reading the last several OT subject lines with great
interest. In the past I have made a few comments concerning unrelated
irises topics. I have been on the verge of leaving the list because of
this but have refrained and I'm getting to use the delete key pretty
effectively. I usually automatically delete all OT subject tags without
reading them as they don't relate to the object of the list in my
opinion.

I've counted  the last 116 messages from iris-l since last friday with
57 of those were replies. Of the remaining 23 had no subject tags, 30
had correct tags and six were made up. That means that almost 50 % of
the messages have incorrect subject tags suggested by the list owner. I
would like to suggest that everyone reread the guidelines for the list
and use the proper subject tags. With the proper subject tags, everyone
on the list should be more content as it would be faster to go through
the messages, deleting what isn't of interest to that particular person.
I know in the past I have used the wrong tags and found it an education
to reread the rules. I have an old list of the guidelines but find it
interesting, especially the 'OT-CHAT'. Look, even the subject tag of
this message is wrong.

Art Bern