HIST: POCAHONTAS, SWERTI, MADAME CHEREAU

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HIST: POCAHONTAS, SWERTI, MADAME CHEREAU
  • From: JForte21 <JForte21@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 08:20:09 -0600 (MDT)

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about the TB POCAHONTAS.
When it bloomed in my garden this year, it looked almost identical to SWERTI.
Is it possible I have the wrong plant, or do they just look a lot alike?  Of
course my SWERTI chose to take a year off, so I wasn't able to compare them
directly.
Another one I'm curious about is MADAME CHEREAU.  Does it always look as much
like SWERTI as the picture in Maryott's catalog does?  If so, what are the
distinguishing characteristics among these three?  I want to be sure I'm
growing the right stuff.
Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA  Zone 9