RE: Queen of Hearts

QUEEN OF HEARTS has been blooming beautifully for me.  It is 36 inches
tall.  I do have it planted in a protected spot near the front door,
south side of the house.  However, a member of our club has a large
clump of QUEEN OF HEARTS in the open at her place next to the river up
toward Leavenworth where they had lots of snow this winter.  I've always
heard that it is a hard one to grow, so I planted mine in the most
protected spot I have.  It is such a special Iris by Opal Brown, another
of our great hybrizers whom we lost recently.  Many of Opal's things are
late bloomers.  She once told us that they are late because she never
got around to making her crosses until only the later bloomers were
left.
	Lorraine, in Quincy, WA