SPRING REGIONAL, Region 13

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SPRING REGIONAL, Region 13
  • From: Lorraine Miller <lcmiller@televar.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 14:17:28 -0600 (MDT)

Hello All:
 	We've just returned from our Spring meeting in the Portland Area.  Had
a rather decent day on Saturday, but Sunday it rained off and on all
day, sometimes quite hard.  Even without the rain, things were very
wet.  The die-hards were in the fields with their boots, rain gear &
unbrellas anyhow.  We eastsiders weren't as prepared.  So much rain this
year.  Returned home to learn that, even here, there had been a really
hard rain on Sunday.  And it has turned rather cold again.  The rain did
wash off the dust which the wind had blessed us with last week. With the
cooler weather, the bloom is holding out.  We feared that by the time we
returned home, our bloom would be finished.  There are still quite a lot
of late buds.
	Hoped to give you a report on the favorites at regional, but my notes
are incomplete.  However, In-region Queen was MIDNITE OIL, runners-up
WORLD PREMIER, with SMILING FACES & SAILOR tying for third.  If I can
find out the favorites for out-of-region I'll report later.  There was
much interest in Keppel's CROWNED HEADS and I thought surely it would be
In-region Queen. It got my vote.  Some others I really liked were: ABBEY
ROAD, CATCH A WAVE, HONEY MOCHA, JUST FOR SOPHIA, KEIKO'S WORLD, AMBER
TAMBOUR, HIGH BLUE SKY, SMILING FACES.  STARSHIP ENTERPRISE was blooming
at Keppels and Schreiners.  It's quite different.  A beautiful clump of
FEATURE ATTRACTION at Schreiners, also.  I won it at last year's raffle,
and it hasn't done anything for me.  One small fan, no bloomstalk.  At
the raffle on Sunday evening, mine was the first name drawn, and I chose
OWYHEE DESERT, which was on the list.  My choice because of the recent
discussion about it on Iris-L.  My other winnings included HEAVENLY
VISION, a '96 Schreiner intro.  And FAIRY RING, a '98 SDB by Meek.
Other than OWYHEE DESERT, my other preferred choices were gone by the
time my tickets were drawn.  Had lots of out of region visitor at
regional -- from New Zealand, England, Oklahoma, California, Michigan or
Minnisota, i think.  Maybe Wisconsin.  Didn't catch all of them.
	All for now.       Lorraine, in Quincy, WA