Re: CULT: Arilbred color changes

Sharon wrote:

>Actually, this is typical of layered-pigment
>arilbreds.  I'm not the only one working =
>
>with them, but I've introduced quite a few.

Sharon--this is very cool.  The layering of pigments sure explains how these
colors change, and it's something I hadn't thought through before.  Thanks
for the update.

Right now I have DESERT TRUMPET showing a simplified version of the layering
effect.  Today's open flower is amethyst in the standards and rosy to red on
the falls with a yellow influence; yesterday's is pale amethyst standards
and definitely yellow falls with rosy streaking.  The two flowers look so
different I had peole asking what those two plants were.  But they are both
stunning, and I'd hate to have to pick which I like better.
Some of yours undoubtedly have many more layers, so the changes are more
complex, and some of them (WAR DRUMS, for instance) I like better when
fresh, but some (RHINESTONE COWGIRL is one) I like at least as well when
it's faded.  You're right--this is a process, not an event, and that makes
it even more interesting.

I've never had an AB season as good as this one--it's been fabulous!

Barb in Santa Fe