Re: Pronunciation

John Jones writes:

> I give up, how do you pronounce OWYHEE as in OWYHEE DESERT?

I think I'm close enough to give this one a try, and any Idahoans on the
list can correct me if I'm wrong. Just run the three words OH, WHY, and HE
together with the accent on the middle syllable. The area in question was
named for some Hawaiian natives who became lost there during the fur
trading days.