Re: Pronunciation

Hi John and Jeff,
Jeff wrote:
>I think I'm close enough to give this one a try, and any Idahoans on
the
>list can correct me if I'm wrong. Just run the three words OH, WHY, and
HE
>together with the accent on the middle syllable. The area in question
was
>named for some Hawaiian natives who became lost there during the fur
>trading days.

I qualify as an Idahoan and I agree with your pronunciation...now, try
Weippe and the bonus word: Puyallup (which is in Washington state).

Lane Alexander
Moscow, Idaho

PS somebody please shut this water off or we're gonna need an ark!  BLUE
SAPPHIRE's beautiful face in lying in the mud until I rescued it today!