Re: CAT: iris addiction

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: iris addiction
  • From: Irisborer <Irisborer@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 03:10:18 -0600 (MDT)

> (Cool pinks are my top priority right now).

Two you should NOT miss!!!!   PINK BUBBLES, a BB - pale frothy pink, ruffles
galore, flaring falls - not too new so not too $$

SHIRLEY M - TB, another pale pink, this one with a white beard.

>I do have a question though, for the listers about this. I'm not trying to
>be tooo nosy here, but those of you who are just starting out, do you find
>yourself with a huge list? Am I one of those "I want it all, and I want it
>now" types and alone, or is this normal?

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy.....   you have come to the right place with your obvious
addiction.  Here's a "creed" I pulled off another list which definately
applies to iris folks:

> Horticulture Creed   (Could be Greed!)
> 1. I want it.
> 2. I want it all.
> 3. I want it now.
> 4. If it will not grow in my zone or is prohibitively
> expensive, I want it most of all.
> 5. I am perfectly willing to forego any necessities of life
> such as food for my children in order to have it.
> 6. I recognize my horticultural dependency.
> 7. I recognize your horticulture dependency.
> 8. I will willingly aid and abet your dependency, as you will
> mine.
> 9. This makes us infinitely happy.
> 10. Any money saved by virtue of comparison shopping equals
> found money and therefore is not counted as spending.
> 11. If everyone else has it, I must have it too.
> 12. If I have planted everything that I have purchased, I must
> immediately buy more plants.
> Written by Denise Beck and James Delahanty and published in
> Allan Lacy's journal, Homeground.

To that we add...... whatever's in bloom is what I like best and if you
planted everything that you bought, you didn't buy enough!

And Tammy - iris money spent is easily rationalized - i.e., I did not buy a
designer ballgown - savings:  $5,000.

Kathy Guest, East Aurora, NY - the wrong tree to bark up when you're
discussing iris addictions - I could train football players in my pot field in
the entrance to my garden.