CUL: Doing Everything Wrong

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CUL: Doing Everything Wrong
  • From: Irisborer <Irisborer@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 03:11:08 -0600 (MDT)

As I walk through my iris beds where I've done everything right.... and there
are only labels where irises should be.  I ponder those folks who don't grow
their irises correctly - yet have far better luck than I do!!  In fact, some
folks don't even KNOW that you can't dig up irises when they're in bloom - and
so they do it and the earth does NOT stop spinning.

So..... I proclaim as follows.  In one bed, I intend to do everything wrong.
I will dig the irises when it suits me - rather than at the right time (Dana
Borglum ONLY digs during bloom).

I will mulch bearded irises

I will fertilize with a balanced fertilizer

I will let rot alone

I will either learn that not every iris rule is written in stone - or I will
have a whole new bed for planting NEW irises   (:

Kathyguest - E. Aurora, NY - where my clump of SMOOTH SEAS (siberian, very
tall and royal blue) next to a pseudacorus would bring Martha Stewart AND
Gertrude Jeykll to their knees