Re: CUL: Doing Everything Wrong

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CUL: Doing Everything Wrong
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 06:25:14 -0600 (MDT)

Kathy Guest, in the interest of pure scientific inquiry, said

<<  So..... I proclaim as follows.  In one bed, I intend to do everything
wrong.
 I will dig the irises when it suits me - rather than at the right time ... I
will mulch bearded irises... I will fertilize with a balanced fertilizer... I
will let rot alone...
 I will either learn that not every iris rule is written in stone - or I will
have a whole new bed for planting NEW irises .>>

I think this is interesting, and I think you should do it. I really would keep
the mulch off the base of the fan since I know that can be a problem, but
otherwise, I think we might learn some interesting things. I hope you have a
balanced range of ages and types in this bed, and I hope you will keep some
notes about weather conditions and rainfall, and about how the irises fare.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA
Henry Hall   Henryanner@aol.com