re:CULT: doing everything wrong

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: re:CULT: doing everything wrong
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:58:14 -0600 (MDT)

Kathy Guest says she's going to experiment by breaking all the rules for
iris culture.

What you may find is that those rules are important to follow in your
garden.  Or maybe not.  When I am going to do something to an iris that
"ought" not work, it's either with extras or with some that aren't
blooming for me anyway, or with some that look like they are getting
awfully drought stressed during the summer (dirt or other mulch might
help) or maybe stunted by freezes in the spring (high shade might help)
or in a bed where things aren't doing well.  In other words, not much to

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
somewhat alarmed that someone who actually has a lot of bloom this year
is thinking of abandoning protocol : )